3 days ago
My box deliveries/collections are well under way! Here are 67 that we delivered to Fostering in Nottinghamshire this week! Another 25 boxes were added to this but I wasn’t there for the final photo!
I’m so pleased that we are able to create these boxes for some of the most vulnerable young people in our local community. …
1 week ago
Half term has been busy! We have packed a total of 190 My Boxes which will be delivered in the next couple of weeks.
These boxes have a slightly more ethical theme which I love, but still are incredible practical and useful to the young people receiving them.
These boxes were fully packed and it was a bit like tetris trying to get everything to fit. We definitely included as much as we could, including some lovely little treats for the young people too. Please see the video below for a full breakdown of the contents of this set of boxes.
We also have a youtube channel now so please follow us on there too! …
Today whilst sorting a few things for the next My Box (will share more information soon) I was asked if this is what I do for a living.
It got me thinking that maybe I haven’t shared some information for a while.
ALL 4 charity trustees are volunteers. We take nothing from the charity (not even petrol money) and because of this 98p of every £1 donated goes directly into creating My Bags and My Boxes.
I am so proud that we do this because we are passionate about helping some of the most vulnerable in our local community. …
A wonderful video showing that the right foster carers make a huge difference. He also mentions that he entered care with his belongings in a black bag! We try so hard to prevent this from happening for children and young people entering foster care locally. …
2 months ago
This year has been a strange year, however we still have a number of things to celebrate.
1. We still managed to supply all the bags we were asked for, even during lockdown!
2. We began a brand new project called My Box for young people in semi-independent foster care, which we plan on delivering 4 times a year.
3. Shane raised a massive £2,000 cycling John O’Groats to Lands End with Alex.
4. Our daughter raised £450 doing a 1 mile fun run in December.
5. Nottinghamshire County Council picked us as their Christmas charity and so far have raised over £1,700.
6. We had been chosen as one of Co-Ops local charity and received over £3,000.
7. We launched our brand new website earlier this year, including a video from NTU 3rd year animation students and voiced by Simon Mayo.
8. Despite the fact people have been furloughed or lost their jobs, our number of monthly donors has increased this year.
9. Ollie has welcomed his son Felix into the world in the last few days and even had his My Bag polo shirt on too.
10. Stuart has turned 60 today! The charity literally wouldn’t run without you. Thank you so much for everything you do to help others.
Happy New Year everyone and we all hope for a better 2021 where we can hopefully start to spend more time with friends, family and loved ones. …