3 weeks ago
This year has been a strange year, however we still have a number of things to celebrate.
1. We still managed to supply all the bags we were asked for, even during lockdown!
2. We began a brand new project called My Box for young people in semi-independent foster care, which we plan on delivering 4 times a year.
3. Shane raised a massive £2,000 cycling John O’Groats to Lands End with Alex.
4. Our daughter raised £450 doing a 1 mile fun run in December.
5. Nottinghamshire County Council picked us as their Christmas charity and so far have raised over £1,700.
6. We had been chosen as one of Co-Ops local charity and received over £3,000.
7. We launched our brand new website earlier this year, including a video from NTU 3rd year animation students and voiced by Simon Mayo.
8. Despite the fact people have been furloughed or lost their jobs, our number of monthly donors has increased this year.
9. Ollie has welcomed his son Felix into the world in the last few days and even had his My Bag polo shirt on too.
10. Stuart has turned 60 today! The charity literally wouldn’t run without you. Thank you so much for everything you do to help others.
Happy New Year everyone and we all hope for a better 2021 where we can hopefully start to spend more time with friends, family and loved ones. …
4 weeks ago
In a year that has been very challenging I’ve picked this quote to share whilst saying Merry Christmas to you all.
This year hasn’t been great but kindness and love go an awful long way! Thank you to our supporters for their continued kindness and for helping us to help some of the most vulnerable children and young people in our local community.
Merry Christmas from the My Bag Charity trustees. …
Little ones fun run medal arrived yesterday and it’s a wonderful medal for her first event.
She has raised over £400 to ‘buy teddies and books for children who can’t live with their mummies and daddies’.
We are incredibly proud of her for her efforts and for wanting to help others, especially as she’s so young. …
My little girl wanted to raise money to buy ‘teddies and books for children who can’t live with their mummies and daddies’. She has been collecting sponsorship and has practised most weekends since the end of August to be able to complete her 1 mile Fun Run without stopping today. I am so proud of her and how hard she has worked. She has such a kind heart and cannot wait to collect her sponsorship in and give it to the charity. …
Cannot believe that the fun run is tomorrow! We’re setting out in the morning and going to create a surprise finish line for our little one.
So far she has raised an incredible £300!!!! I am so proud of her!
There are definitely a couple more donations to be pledged or made before then but if anyone else would like to support her in raising money ‘to buy teddies and books for children who can’t live with their mummies and daddies’ then please message me and let me know. …